Rat a Tat
April 28, 2010
Here are the ideas that I had for blog posts this week. I couldn't really make a go of any of them, so I'll just fire the topics out in a flurry of bullets.
- I read yet another poll showing that people think that the government should stay out of health care, and that the government should not mess with Medicare. What the hell?
- While I'm touching on appalling political topics, the new Arizona law that says "prove you're a citizen or we're taking you to jail" is especially outrageous. I thought Republicans were the party of keeping the government out of your business. Or is that meant to apply only to people who aren't brown?
- Has there been a better band over the last 15 years than Green Day? Their cover of "I Fought the Law and the Law Won" sadly marks the end of the era of good Green Day music.
- I dreamed last night that my kid got expelled from his school during PreK3. Also, they notified us of this by email. Unfortunately, neither of these are as far-fetched as you might think.
- For the second year in a row, Party Down is the funniest show that no one's ever heard of.
- Don't want to jinx us, but the weather's never been this nice at the end of April. Jazz Fest usually equals sweating your balls off, but it couldn't be prettier this year.
- I'm super, super excited to go to Vegas in June. It's impossible to believe that it's been four years since I've been there. I was going once or twice a year up until then. Mrs. theskinnyonbenny asked if I wanted to be included for the tee time that the rest of the boys are making. I didn't have to hesitate. "Hell, no." Have you been outside in Las Vegas in June? If not, crank your oven to 400 degrees, let it get hot, and then stick your head in the door. It's just like that. "That's cool, because Josh probably isn't going either." "Hey, if Josh wants to hang with me while I sit around the spa naked and study the racing form, he's more than welcome."
- Speaking of naked, it's been a long time since I've been out on Velvet Elvis by myself. I've almost forgotten the feel of the gunnel on naked butt cheeks.
I've got some great daily photos coming up, so keep checking those.